Know about IBPS RRB Exam?
IBPS RRB 2019 stand for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Regional Rural Banks, the most popular Banking exam in India to become officer in Banking field. The authority which is authorized to conduct the exam is IBPS and Post for which IBPS conducts the exam called PO and clerk. Every year Lacs of candidates fill the online application form. The candidates selected after the final interview process get the opportunity to work in their choice of Bank as a Probationary Officer (Bank PO) and Assistant. In this Article we will discuss about IBPS RRB PO and clerk 2019 exam Dates, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, job profile, Salary, Promotion & Career growth and ibps po previous year cutoff.
IBPS RRB Recruitment 2019: Important Dates
Check here the exam date of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I & IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2019:
|IBPS RRB Notification Date||June 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||June 2019|
|Last date to Apply Online||July 2019|
|Admit card Download Date||10 days prior to the exam|
|IBPS RRB Exam Date 2019||03.08.2019, 04.08.2019, 11.08.2019, 17.08.2019, 18.08.2019 & 25.09.2019|
|IBPS RRB Single Level Exam Date – Scale-II & III||22.09.2019|
|Officer Scale I Mains Exam Date||22.09.2019|
|Office Assistant Mains Exam Date||29.09.2019|
|IBPS RRB Result Date (Prelims)||20 Days after the exam|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Mains Result Date||NA|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Result Date||NA|
|Download of Interview Call Letter||November 2019|
|IBPS RRB Interview Session||November/December 2019|
|Provisional Allotment||January 2020|
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility details for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I & Office Assistant Recruitment have to be fulfilled at 3 stages –
- Minimum age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years.
- Maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 40 years.
- As per the govt. rules, there are some age relaxation to some of the reserved categories which are as follows:
|Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years (Office Assistant)|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Officer Scale – I (Assistant Manager)||
Language Proficiency Test
- Proficiency in the local language as prescribed by the participating RRBs is mandatory.
- For details about this, go through our post, IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria.
IBPS RRB Vacancy
IBPS RRB vacancy will be released along with the 2019 recruitment notification. To get an idea regarding the state wise vacancy of IBPS RRB, you can go through the table below:
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1||3312|
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant||5249|
|Total IBPS RRB Vacancies||8561|
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Selection Procedure involves the following phases –
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Group Exercise and Interview
IBPS RRB Office Assistant selection procedure involves the following phases: –
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
IBPS RRB Application Form
The link to apply online for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 & Office Assistant recruitment will be activated on the same day after the recruitment notification. Below you can check out the steps to apply online in order to fill your form smoothly.
Steps to apply online for IBPS RRB
- Go to the official website of IBPS.
- On the home page, you will find the link to apply online for IBPS RRB 2019.
- Or click on the CRP RRBs link.
- On the next tab, you are required to click on the CRP RRB VIII.
- Now, click on the link to apply online for IBPS RRB.
- Fill up the application form as per your official documents.
- Upload the scanned photograph & signature image in the required dimensions.
- Click on the submit button.
- Now, pay the application fee online.
- Don’t forget to take a print out of the e-receipt.
- IBPS RRB application varies for different categories.
- IBPS RRB 2019 application fee details for the post of Office Scale-1 & office assistant are as follows:
The application fee for IBPS RRB 2019 exam can be paid online through the following modes-
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Mobile Wallets
- IMPS (Immediate Payment Service)
IBPS RRB Cut Off 2018
- IBPS releases separate cut-offs for both prelims & mains.
- The cut off at each stage varies for officer scale-I & office assistant.
- IBPS RRB cut off depends on various factors such as no. of applicants, vacancies etc.
- Cut off helps you to get an estimate regarding the difficulty level of the examination.
- Below you can go through the previous year IBPS RRB cut off.
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Prelims Cutoff Marks 2018
|Name of State||Cut off Marks|
|Jammu & Kashmir||47.25|
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Cut Off 2018
|Name of State||Cut off Marks|
|Jammu & Kashmir||70.00|
Check detailed IBPS RRB Cut off of IBPS RRB PO & Clerk 2018/2017/2016 state-wise.
- It is essential for one to understand what sort of tasks he/she is undertaken after selection.
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale I is a probationary officer post.
- He/She undertakes serval tasks of the branch related to retail banking operations, loan disbursement, monitoring credit portfolio, NPA recovery, audit report preparation etc.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant is a clerical level job.
- Candidates selected as an assistant undertakes the tasks such as opening account, cash transactions, passbook printing, fund/ balance transfers etc.
- You check here complete details on IBPS RRB job profile for more information.
IBPS RRB Salary and Perks
- One of the most asked question among students is the in-hand salary that they would receive in as an officer of Scale I or an assistant in RRB.
- The gross salary of IBPS RRB Officer Scale I is around 23700 – (980 x 7) – 30560 – (1145 x 2) – 32850 – (1310 x 7) – 42020.
- Thus, the new entrant in a Bank as PO is liable to get Rs. 23,700 as basic pay.
- Rs. 980 is the annual increment that a Bank PO will get and it will be applicable for a period of 7 years.
- Whereas the basic pay of an office assistant is Rs. 7200/- along with the various perks including Annual increment, Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance etc.
- The Office Assistant of IBPS RRB is eligible to get 16000- 20000 in-hand salary.
Promotion and Career Growth
IBPS RRB Officer Scale I Career growth takes place as mentioned below –
- Junior Management Grade – Scale I: Officer i.e. PO
- Middle Management Grade – Scale II: Manager
- Middle Management Grade – Scale III: Senior Manager
- Senior Management Grade – Scale IV: Chief Manager
- Senior Management Grade Scale V: Assistant General Manager
- Top Management Grade Scale VI: Deputy General Manager
- Top Management Grade Scale VII: General Manager
- Executive Director (ED)
- Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)
Office Assistant Career growth takes place as mentioned below –
After completing the one year probation period, the candidates will be posted as office assistants in regional rural banks across the country. Since this is an entry-level position, the office assistants may get numerous opportunities further to get promoted to higher cadres as per their capabilities.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
The Overall exam pattern for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I and IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims consists of 2 sections – Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The total duration of the exam is 45 minutes. Each section consists of 40 questions.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam Pattern
|Sr. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Medium|
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Medium||Total Duration|
|1.||Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||Hindi/English||Composite time of 45 minutes|
IBPS RRB Syllabus
The subjects for Preliminary and Mains exam of IBPS RRB Officer scale I vary. You can go through the detailed syllabus of IBPS RRB Mains phase of Officer Scale I and Office Assistant exam. Below we have shared the prelims syllabus for both IBPS RRB Officer Scale-1 and Office Assistant post:
|Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability|