- Name of the Day: – International Asteroid Day
- Celebrated Every Year on : – 30th June
- Resolution Adopted By:- United Nations
- Adopted on:- December 2016
- Objective of Day: – To raise public awareness about the asteroid impact hazard and to inform the public about the crisis communication actions to be taken at the global level in case of a credible near-Earth object threat.
- About Asteroids:- Asteroids are the small rocky body that orbits around the sun. Mostly, they are found between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter but some have more eccentric orbits.
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) Director: Simonetta Di Pippo.
- History: – In December 2016 the United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution A/RES/71/90, declaring 30 June International Asteroid Day in order to “observe each year at the international level the anniversary of the Tunguska impact over Siberia, Russian Federation, on 30 June 1908, and to boost public awareness about the asteroid impact hazard.”
Our Website Provides Daily Current Affairs Directly form PIB, NewsonAir, The Hindu and from all authenticated Sources so if you wish to be prepare will for current affairs please keep visiting our website. We will also provide PDF of Daily Current Affairs and Multiple choice Questions. We are also started our youtube Channel to cover daily current affairs topics. So keep visiting.