Dear Aspirants, Notesbag is sharing with you all the important current affairs of 28th September 2019. Our aim to provide you up to date current affairs for the preparation of upcoming competitive exams.
(1) Prime Minister addressed the 74th session of the United National General Assembly.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called upon the world leaders to unite against terrorism for the sake of humanity.
(2) GoI launched the 10 Year Rural Sanitation Strategy (2019-2029).
The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, GoI launched the 10 Year Rural Sanitation Strategy (2019-2029).
This strategy has been prepared by DDWS (The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation). The focus of Sanitation Strategy will be on sustaining the sanitation behaviour change that has been achieved under the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G), ensuring that no one is left behind, and increasing access to solid and liquid waste management.
(3) National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) Celebrated its 15th Formation Day, Theme of this year was “Fire Safety”.
Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri G. Kishan Reddy, inaugurated the 15th Formation Day of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), in New Delhi. The theme of this year’s Formation Day was ‘Fire Safety’. During the day-long event, three technical sessions were held, which are as follows: –
- The First session discussed Fire Risk in India.
- The Second session held discussions on various measures that could be taken to prevent and mitigate fire related events.
- The Third Session saw presentations on challenges related with Fire Fighting Institutions and on the aspects related to the need of modernization and technological upgradation of Fire Services in the country, vis-à-vis the rapid developmental growth.
(4) India, Nepal, Bhutan to count tigers in high altitudes.
Experts from India, Nepal and Bhutan, under the aegis of their governments, will start detailed assessment on how entrenched tigers are in these regions, next year.
In previous years, tigers have been reported in Arunachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal at elevations of 1765m, 3274 m and 2400 m respectively. Bhutan had recorded the presence of a tiger at 4,210 m.
Recording the presence of tigers in high altitudes is important to judge the health of the species, as poaching and fragmented habitat are serious challenges to their population growth.
(5) Saudi Arabia to open itself up to foreign tourists for first time, Abolished Abaya Rule.
Saudi Arabia will begin offering visas on Saturday for the first time to non-religious tourists. The new visa programme for citizens of 49 countries, including the UK, US, Australia and several European nations. As part of the scheme, which promises to deliver a visa in seven minutes, female tourists will be exempted from wearing the all-covering abaya robe, but will be required to dress “modestly”.
(6) Bhopal metro will be named Raja Bhoj.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath announced that the metro rail in Bhopal will be named for Raja Bhoj. Raja Bhoj was an 11th-century ruler from the Parmar dynasty which once ruled the area. CM Kamal Nath laid the foundation stone of the Bhopal Metro Rail Project to be built at a cost of about Rs 6,941.4 crore rupees.
(7) Cochin International Airport won award for passenger satisfaction.
Airport Council International has recognised Cochin International Airport Limited as the best airport in terms of services offered to passengers. As per the annual Airport Service Quality survey conducted by the ACI, CIAL was ranked amongst the best airports in the 5-15 million category in the Asia Pacific region for the year 2018.
The award was presented to the authorities of Cochin International Airport at the second Annual ACI Customer Experience Global Summit held at Bali, Indonesia.
(8) PNB MetLife India Insurance tied-up with Religare Health Insurance.
PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. has tied-up with Religare Health Insurance to offer a product which covers health, death, and illness. The tie-up will offer additional earning opportunity for the life insurer’s distribution channel partners. The product will be a seamless integration exercise to ensure that it comes as a single policy to a customer.
(9) INDO-KAZAKHSTAN Joint Military Exercise KAZIND – 2019.
Joint Military Exercise KAZIND-2019 between India and Kazakhstan will be conducted at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand from 02 to 15 October 2019. The exercise will comprise of nearly 100 soldiers from both Indian and Kazakhstan Army who would be sharing their experience gained during conduct of various counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in the past.
Exercise KAZIND-2019 is the fourth edition of an annual event which is conducted alternatively in Kazakhstan and India.
(10) VP of India presented the National Tourism Awards 2017-18 on World Tourism Day.
Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the National Tourism Awards 2017-18 on World Tourism Day in New Delhi. A total of 76 Awards under various categories were presented.
Here below some are the important awards: –
- Best State/Union Territory for Comprehensive Development of Tourism: – Andhra Pradesh
- Best State/Union Territory for Adventure Tourism: – Goa/MP (joint winner)
- Best Film Production Friendly State/Union Territory: – Uttarakhand
- Best Civic Management of a Tourist Destination in India: – Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, Gujarat
(11) Infosys won UN Global Climate Action Award for ‘Carbon Neutral Now’ Category.
Infosys has received the United Nations Global Climate Action Award in the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ category. The announcement of the winners was made after the UN Climate Summit in New York convened by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. The award will be presented to Infosys at the UN Climate Change Conference (COP25) in Santiago, Chile (December 2019).
(12) Rupa Gurunath is the first woman appointed as the president of Tamil Nadu Cricket Association.
Rupa Gurunath was appointed as the first woman president of Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) at the 87th Annual General Meeting of TNCA in Chennai, TamilNadu. With this appointment, she also became the first woman to head a state-level cricket body in the country.
(13) India ranked 44th in world digital competitiveness rankings.
India was ranked 44th in the IMD World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2019 produced by the IMD World Competitiveness Center. The US was ranked as the world’s most digitally competitive economy, followed by Singapore in the second place.