Dear Aspirants, Notesbag is sharing with you all the important current affairs of 16th November 2019. Our aim to provide you up to date current affairs for the preparation of upcoming competitive exams.
Like Our Facebook Page: –https://www.facebook.com/NotesBag/
Join Telegram Group for SSC CGL 2019: –https://t.me/SSC_Exams_2020
Join Telegram Group for Banking Preparation: – https://t.me/sbi_ibps_2020_exam
(1) Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated “Sisseri River bridge” in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated Sisseri River bridge connecting Dibang Valley and Siang in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The 200-metre long bridge between Jonai-Pasighat-Ranaghat-Roing road will provide connectivity between Dibang Valley and Siang to meet the long-pending demand of the people of Arunachal Pradesh as it would cut down the travel time from Pasighat to Roing by about five hours.
- It was constructed by Project Brahmank of Border Roads Organisation (BRO). This bridge is also strategically important from military view point and will be a part of Trans Arunachal Highway.
(2) India to host the 8th International Conference on Agricultural Statistics in New Delhi.
- The 8th International Conference on Agricultural Statistics (ICAS-VIII) will be organized by the Ministry of Agriculture in New Delhi from 18th to 21st November 2019. The conference will be inaugurated by the Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Guest will be Bill Gates.
- The conference will be organised in collaboration with the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, ISI-CAS, FAO, the USDA, ADB, World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eurostat, AfDB and various other organizations. The theme of this year’s ICAS is ‘Statistics for Transformation of Agriculture to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’.
- It is for the first time that such an important conference in the field of agriculture statistics is happening in the country and this will be a learning opportunity for the statisticians, young scientists and decision makers in India to adopt modern practises in agriculture such as Big Data analysis, AI, precision farming etc.
(3) First ever International Buyer- Seller Meet held on 14th November in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) under the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, held the first ever international buyer seller meet on Agriculture & Horticulture produce in Arunachal Pradesh on 14th November 2019.
- Ten International buyers from seven countries of Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Indonesia, UAE, Sultanate of Oman and Greece participated in the meet and interacted with exporters.
- APEDA has organised International Buyer Seller Meet in the NER to introduce the products of the North East States to the international market.
(4) Digital version of Gurbani released by I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- The Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurated All India Radio’s new Broadcast Auditorium and launched a digital version of ‘Gurbani’ of archival value as preserved in PrasarBharati Archives at New Delhi. To mark the 550th Prakash Parv of Guru Nanak DevJi, ‘BaniUtsav’ – a Shabad-Kirtan Concert by eminent Raagis was also organized by the External Services Division of All India Radio.
(5) The 5th edition of the Dhaka International Folk Festival.
- The 5th edition of the Dhaka International Folk Festival was inaugurated by the Information Minister of Bangladesh Dr Hasan Mahmud at a grand ceremony at Bangladesh Army Stadium. Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen was present as chief guest in the opening ceremony.
- More than 200 artistes from 6 countries are be performing in the largest folk festival of Asia. During the three-day festival a large number of popular and renowned artistes from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Russia and other countries will perform in Dhaka.
(6) Bangladesh topped business bribery risk in South Asia.
- Bangladesh has topped the business bribery risk in South Asia according to the Trace Bribery Matrix. Bangladesh has the highest business bribery risk among South Asian courtiers according to the annual ranking for 200 countries. Bangladesh has been placed at 178th position among 200 countries in terms of business bribery risk. Overall, New Zealand, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland presented the lowest bribery risk.
(7) Kejriwal announces free septic tank cleaning services across Delhi under “Mukhyamantri Septic Tank Safai Yojana”.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announced free cleaning and maintenance of septic tanks across the city under the Mukhyamantri Septic Tank Safai Yojana. Delhi Jal Board will deploy 80 trucks along with trained staff for the same.
(8) UP Power minister launched drive to install prepaid meters at govt offices, residences of politicians.
- Uttar Pradesh Power Minister Shrikant Sharma installed a prepaid meter at his residence here to launch the government’s ambitious drive to check power theft and non-payment of bill on time and urged lawmakers and officials to join this campaign.
- The government had decided to install pre-paid electric meters at the residences of politicians and officers in view of complaints that they do not pay the bill on time. The government has placed orders for purchasing one lakh such meters.
Banking & Finance
(9) The Corporate Affairs Ministry has notified the Insolvency and Bankruptcy (Insolvency and Liquidation Proceedings of Financial Service Providers and Application to Adjudicating Authority) Rules, 2019.
- It will provide a generic framework for insolvency and liquidation proceedings of systemically important Financial Service Providers, FSPs other than banks.
- Section 227 of the Code enables the Central Government to notify, in consultation with the financial sector regulators, FSPs or categories of FSPs for the purpose of insolvency and liquidation proceedings.
- Significantly, Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process for an FSP will be initiated only on an application by the appropriate regulator.
- The latest move comes against the backdrop of instances of financial stress faced by certain entities that are into financial services.
(10) HDFC Bank became first Indian bank to cross ₹7 lakh crore market value.
- HDFC Bank on Friday became the third Indian company and first bank to cross ₹7 lakh crore in market value. The private lender’s stock has surged 31% in the past one year. Reliance Industries, with a market cap of ₹9.38 lakh crore, is currently the country’s most valued company, followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) at ₹8.23 lakh crore.
(11) PCI’s journalism award to be presented on National Press Day.
- Press Council of India has announced the names of the winners of National Awards for Excellence in Journalism for the year 2019.
- Eminent journalist and Chairman of Rajasthan Patrika Gulab Kothari has been selected for Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award for his outstanding contribution in the field of journalism.
(12) Rekha, Sridevi to be honoured with Akkineni Nageswara Rao awards.
- Actress Rekha and late actress Sridevi will be honoured with the Akkineni Nageswara Rao (ANR) National Award for the years 2019 and 2018, respectively on November 17, Telugu actor Nagarjuna Akkineni announced. The awards were instituted in 2005 by Nagarjuna’s father, late actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao. Dev Anand, Shabana Azmi, Lata Mangeshkar and Amitabh Bachchan have also received the award.
(13) India’s Ashalata Devi nominated for AFC Player of the Year award.
- Indian women’s football team captain Loitongbam Ashalata Devi was on Friday nominated for the AFC Player of the Year at the AFC Annual Awards to be held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on December 2.
- The 26-year-old footballer from Imphal has enjoyed an impressive year by leading India to the Olympic 2020 Qualifiers Round 2 and winning the 2019 SAFF Championship title.