Dear Aspirants, Notesbag is sharing with you all the important current affairs of 24-25th November 2019. Our aim to provide you up to date current affairs for the preparation of upcoming competitive exams.
Like Our Facebook Page: –https://www.facebook.com/NotesBag/
Join Telegram Group for SSC CGL 2019: –https://t.me/SSC_Exams_2020
Join Telegram Group for Banking Preparation: – https://t.me/sbi_ibps_2020_exam
(1) NCC celebrated its 71st Raising Day.
- The National Cadet Corps (NCC) celebrated its 71st Raising Day all over the country with the cadets participating in marches, cultural activities and social development programs.
- The NCC day which is observed every year on the fourth Sunday of November was celebrated with pomp and gaiety.
(2) India to host SCO forum of Young Scientists and Innovators 2020.
- India will host the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Forum of Young Scientists and Innovators in 2020. The 5th Meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Member States Heads of Ministries and Departments of Science and Technology and Permanent Working Group on S&T Cooperation concluded in Moscow, Russia.
- Eight SCO member states’ heads of delegation signed the Protocol of the 5th Meeting of Ministries and Departments of Science and Technology at the end of the three-day meeting. The meeting agreed with India & proposal to host the SCO Forum of Young Scientists and Innovators in 2020.
(3) Ocean Dance Festival 2019 starts in Cox Bazar Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh’s State minister of cultural affairs KM Khalid has inaugurated the Ocean Dance Festival 2019 in Cox Bazar of Bangladesh. Ocean Dance Festival is the largest international dance festival of Bangladesh in which more than 200 dancers, choreographers and scholars from 15 countries are participating.
- The theme of this year’s festival is ‘Bridging the distance’ or Durotter Shetubandhan. The festival is being organised by the Nrityajog which is the Bangladesh wing of World Dance Alliance (WDA).
(4) Microsoft rolls out the K12 Education Transformation Framework in India.
- Microsoft rolled out its K12 Education Transformation Framework more widely to schools across India at the second edition of the Microsoft Education Days in Gurgaon. Microsoft Education Days 2019 brought together more than 700 school leaders, educators, students and Microsoft partners to deliberate on the future of learning.
- It featured sessions moderated by Microsoft leaders and Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Experts on using technologies like AI, Teams, Minecraft and Flipgrid to collaborate and create unique learning experiences. Teachers and students from schools across India also demonstrated the innovative ways in which they are digitally transforming education by bringing in AI, gamification, personalization and simplifying STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) learning for students.
State & UT-In-News
(5) Sangai Festival 2019 begun in Manipur.
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh has inaugurated the week-long Manipur Sangai Festival 2019 at Hapta Kangjeibung, Imphal. During the festival, cultural programmes, traditional games, folk dance and classical music will be performed by different communities of the State as well as from other States. The festival will conclude on the 30th of this month.
(6) UP govt launched immunisation campaign against Filaria.
- Uttar Pradesh Health & Family Welfare Minister Jai Pratap Singh has launched a massive immunisation campaign against the filariasis or Filaria. Under this campaign, more than 65 thousand teams of health workers will distribute medicines to around 6.5 crore people till 10 December.
- This year, state’s 19 districts have been divided in double drug and triple-drug categories in which they will be provided DEC tablet, Albendazole and ivermectin. The union government has set the year 2021 as the deadline for complete eradication of filaria in the country.
(7) Amaravati included in India map as the capital of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Survey of India, India’s central engineering agency in charge of mapping and surveying has released an updated map of India with Amaravati as the capital of Andhra Pradesh (AP). Amaravati had been missing from the previous map released by the Centre On November 2, 2019, which showed Hyderabad as the common capital of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh. The state of AP was bifurcated in the year 2014 and while it was initially decided that Hyderabad would serve as the common administrative capital for a period of 10 years.
Banking & Finance
(8) Muthoot Finance to acquire IDBI Mutual Fund for Rs 215 crore.
- Muthoot Finance Ltd, the largest gold loan non-banking finance company in the country, entered into a definitive agreement to acquire IDBI Asset Management Ltd and IDBI Mutual Fund Trustee Company Ltd.
- Muthoot Finance will purchase 100 per cent equity shares of IDBI Asset Management and IDBI MF Trustee for a total consideration of Rs 215 crore. The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of February 2020. The deal is subject to receipt of approval from regulators including the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
(9) Manoj Bajpayee bagged best actor Asia Pacific Screen Award for Bhonsle.
- Manoj Bajpayee has bagged the Best Performance by an Actor Award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards for his role in ‘Bhonsle.’
- The Hindi feature ‘Bhonsle’ narrates the story of a police constable (Bajpayee), who tries to fight the struggles of migrants and their battles with the local politicians.
(10) Floating school project in Bangladesh won Aga Khan Architecture Award.
- Bangladesh’s Floating school project (in South Kanarchor) ‘The Arcadia Education Project’ wins the Aga Khan Architecture Award.
- The project involved the construction of a school in an area which is underwater during the monsoon months.
Reports & Ranking
(11) Global Terrorism Index 2019.
- According to the 2019 Global Terrorism Index (GTI), deaths from terrorism fell for the fourth consecutive year, after peaking in 2014. Now, the number of deaths has decreased by 52% since 2014, falling from 33,555 to 15,952. Afghanistan was the country most impacted by terrorism in 2018, replacing Iraq, which had held that position since 2004.
- India is at seventh place in the list of countries most affected by terrorism (350 Indians killed & 540 injured in 748 terrorist incidents in 2018).
(12) 25th November observed as International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
- The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is being observed every year on 25th November across the world to prevent & end violence against women.
- The theme for this year is “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape”.
- The colour orange in the theme symbolizes a better future without the pervasive human rights violation that affects 1 in 3 women and girls all over the globe.
(13) Rafael Nadal won Davis Cup title 2019.
- Rafael Nadal (world number-one) has clinched 6th Davis Cup title for Spain after beating Denis Shapovalov of Canada in front of a jubilant home crowd in Caja Mágica Madrid, Spain
- Nadal (33-year) defeated Shapovalov 6-3, 7-6 (9-7) to clinch Spain’s 2-0 win against Canada. It was the Spanish team’s first Davis Cup title since 2011 and their sixth Davis Cup title overall.
(14) Lakshya Sen won Scottish Open title.
- India’s Lakshya Sen (18-year) has won the Scottish Open men’s singles title in Glasgow. Lakshya Sen defeated Ygor Coelho 18-21, 21-18, 21-19 to seal his fourth title in three months.
(15) India bagged 28 medals including 13 gold in U-15 Asian Wrestling Championship.
- India concluded its campaign at the Under-15 Asian Championships with 28 medals (13 gold, 14 silver and a bronze).
- For the first time, India finished on top of the team rankings in freestyle category with 225 points as all 10 wrestlers finished on the podium. Kazakhstan finished second while Japan was third.
(16) MP athletes to get five per cent reservation in govt jobs.
- Madhya Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Jitu Patwari has announced that sports-persons of the state will get 5% reservation in government jobs.
- It includes 10 sports (hockey, basketball, football, volleyball, kabaddi, kho-kho, athletics, wrestling, badminton and table tennis).
(17) Former Madhya Pradesh CM Kailash Joshi passed away.
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kailash Joshi has passed away. He was called as the ‘saint of politics’, served as the state’s chief minister from 1977 to 1978. He was MLA for eight terms and also served as a member of both the Rajya Sabha and the Lok Sabha.