Dear Aspirants, Notesbag is sharing with you all the important current affairs of 26th November 2019. Our aim to provide you up to date current affairs for the preparation of upcoming competitive exams.
Like Our Facebook Page: –https://www.facebook.com/NotesBag/
Join Telegram Group for SSC CGL 2019: –https://t.me/SSC_Exams_2020
Join Telegram Group for Banking Preparation: – https://t.me/sbi_ibps_2020_exam
(1) GOI launched Credit-linked Subsidy Services Awas Portal.
- Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs has launched Credit-linked Subsidy Services Awas Portal, CLAP, in New Delhi. The portal provides a transparent and robust real-time web-based monitoring system for credit-linked Subsidy Services, CLSS, beneficiaries. Using the portal, a beneficiary can track his application status in real-time. The initiative would also benefit other stakeholders to work in synergy to release subsidy to beneficiaries on time.
State & UT-In-News
(2) Etawah Lion Safari inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Etawah Lion Safari, formally known as Etawah Safari Park was thrown open for public in Uttar Pradesh without the lion segment. It is a drive-through safari park located in Etawah, Uttar Pradesh and is one of the biggest safari parks in Asia with an area of 350 hectares (860 acres). It has been developed as an educative tourist destination for children as well as youths. The safari is expected to attract tourist and make Etawah a major tourist centre in the country.
(3) Naveen Patnaik inaugurates National Tribal Craft Mela 2019.
- Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the National Tribal Craft Mela – 2019 in Bhubaneswar. The objective of the Mela is to preserve, promote and popularise traditional tribal art and craft and help the artisans to find better opportunities to develop their skills through cross-cultural interactions for commercial viability of their products.
- More than 240 tribal artisans from 18 states including Sikkim, Manipur, Nagaland, Assam, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal are participating in the Mela. Handicraft items, handloom products, iron, bamboo products, puppetry, lacquer craft, along with tribal jewellery, craft and textiles will be displayed by artisans.
(4) Delhi Assembly hosted 3-day Commonwealth Youth Parliament.
- Delhi Assembly hosted a three-day Commonwealth Youth Parliament. Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla addressed the inaugural session of the 10th Commonwealth Youth Parliament in Delhi Assembly.
- It is for the first time that an Indian Legislature is hosting the Commonwealth Youth Parliament. As many as 47 participants from 24 Commonwealth countries are participating in the event along with eleven participants from India.
Banking & Finance
(5) Ashok Leyland Ltd, ICICI Bank ink MoU for vehicle financing.
- Commercial vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland Ltd. (ALL) has entered into a two year memorandum of understanding (MoU) with ICICI Bank to offer customised financial solutions to customers across India with a focus on semiurban and rural geographies. The bank will work in close coordination with the authorised dealers of Ashok Leyland to provide financial solutions to the customers.
(6) Railways sets up Institute for Financial Management in Hyderabad.
- The Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) has been set up in Hyderabad, Telangana. This new entity is set up to impart professional training in the management of railway finances. The project was conceived and constructed by Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) at a cost of Rs 85 crore. IIRFM marks an important addition to the list of premier professional institutions in the country in the field of financial management in Indian Railways. The ensuing batch of probationers belonging to Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) will have the opportunity to get trained.
(7) Kerala cadre IAS officer to head UN tourism body.
- Kerala cadre senior IAS officer Suman Billa is set to join the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) at its headquarters in Madrid, Spain. He will take charge next week as Director, Technical Cooperation and Silk Road Development at the D1 level at UNWTO, a specialised agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
Reports & Ranking
(8) Global prosperity index 2019.
- The first-ever Prosperity & Inclusion City Seal and Awards (PICSA) Index, released in the Basque Country capital of Bilbao in northern Spain. The Index is designed to showcase not only the quantity of economic growth of a city but also its quality and distribution across populations.
- Bengaluru emerged as India’s highest-ranked city at No. 83 in a new index of the world’s 113 cities in terms of economic and social inclusivity, topped by Zurich in Switzerland. Delhi at 101 and Mumbai at 107 are the other Indian cities to make at the index, with the top 20 awarded a PICSA Seal as the world’s highest-ranked cities building inclusive prosperity. Vienna, the Austrian capital in second place, scores close to top marks on healthcare. Copenhagen, Luxembourg and Helsinki complete the top five.
(9) Constitution Day being celebrated on 26 November 2019.
- Constitution Day (Samvidhan Divas) is being celebrated today across the country to mark the adopting of the Indian Constitution by the Constituent Assembly on this day in 1949 (came into force on 26th January in 1950).
- The government has planned year-long activities throughout the country to mark 70 years of the adoption of the Constitution.
(10) Sangram Dahiya, Varsha Varman won double trap national titles.
- Sangram Dahiya (Haryana) and Varsha Varman (Madhya Pradesh) clinched double trap titles, winning gold at the 63rd National Shotgun Shooting Championship in New Delhi.
- In the men’s category, Sangram shot 142 out of 150 targets to clinch the gold medal.
(11) Marathon man Kipchoge, hurdle heroine Muhammad won Athlete of the Year 2019.
- Eliud Kipchoge (Kenyan’s long-distance runner) & Dalilah Muhammad (American track and field athlete) won the World Athlete of the Year awards.
- Kipchoge claimed the prize in Monaco after making history last month when he ran the marathon distance of 42.195 kilometres (26.219 miles) in 1hr 59min 40.2sec.
- American Muhammad won her award after a magnificent year that saw her set a world record of 52.20 seconds at the US Trials in Iowa in July breaking a record that had stood since 2003.