Dear Aspirants, Notesbag is sharing with you all the important current affairs of 1st and 2nd December 2019. Our aim to provide you up to date current affairs for the preparation of upcoming competitive exams.
Like Our Facebook Page: –https://www.facebook.com/NotesBag/
Join Telegram Group for SSC CGL 2019: –https://t.me/SSC_Exams_2020
Join Telegram Group for Banking Preparation: – https://t.me/sbi_ibps_2020_exam
(1) India becomes first country to make entire Haj process digital.
- India has become the first country to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital. The Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi signed the bilateral annual Haj 2020 agreement with Haj and Umrah Minister of Saudi Arabia Mohammad Saleh bin Taher Benten.
- An online application, e-visa, Haj mobile app, ‘e-MASIHA’ health facility, “e-luggage pre-tagging” providing all information in India itself regarding accommodation and transportation in Mecca and Madina will be provided to 2 lakh Indian Muslims going for Haj in 2020.
(2) India’s Pavilion Inaugurated at International Book fair in Guadaljara, Mexico.
- Shri Sanjay Dhotre, Union Minister of State (MoS) for Human Resource Development (HRD) inaugurated the India’s Pavilion at the International Book Fair at Guadaljara, Mexico. This fair, which is called Feria Internacional del Libro de Guadaljara in Spanish, is the biggest book fair in the Spanish-speaking world.
- India is the ‘Guest of Honour Country’ in this book fair, and it is the first Asian country to have received this honour. The National Book Trust (NBT), an autonomous body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Government of India (GoI), is participating as the nodal agency of the GoI in this book fair.
- ‘Let Our Lives Be Open Books’ is the theme of the India pavilion in the fair, as it represents, among other things, an atmosphere of interaction and communication provided by the platforms such as book fairs.
(3) Saudi Arabia becomes first arab nation to assume G20 Presidency.
- Saudi Arabia has taken over the G20 Presidency from Japan. It is the first Arab nation to assume the G20 presidency. The G20 presidency, which Saudi Arabia has taken over from Japan, will host world leaders for a global summit in its capital on 21-22 November in 2020.
(4) UAE will Celebrate 48th National Day on 2nd December.
- The 48th National Day Celebrations of the United Arab Emirates will be held under the patronage of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE at the Zayed Sports City Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The celebration will be centred around a spectacular theatrical production titled “Legacy of Our Ancestors”.
- The National Day of UAE is celebrated on 2nd December every year. It marks the day when emirates united together at Union House to form the United Arab Emirates in 1971. Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan was the first president of UAE. Celebrations are held across the country to mark the union of the seven emirates.
State & UT-In-News
(5) 20th Edition of Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland.
- The much-awaited festival, the Hornbill Festival began with a colourful blend of culture and tradition with a modern twist at Naga Heritage Kisama in Nagaland this evening. This is the 20th edition of Hornbill Festival.
- The festival organised by Nagaland Government is an annual tourism promotional event to showcase the state’s traditional and rich cultural heritage in all its ethnicity, diversity and grandeur.
- The 10 Days Hornbill Festival began with the traditional blessing pronounced by Mongtei of Aniashu village while the Chief host and Host opened the festival by beating the traditional gong. Nagaland Governor R N Ravi was the chief host of the festival, while Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio was the host
(6) Indigenous Faith Day celebrated in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Donyi Polo Cultural & Charitable Trust and Indigenous Faith & Cultural Society of Arunachal Pradesh today celebrated ‘Indigenous Faith Day’ at Pasighat with religious fervour.
- Buddha guru seventh Kyabje Yongzin Ling Rinpoche of Himachal Pradesh Dharamsala, accompanied by Secretary General of International Buddhist Confederation Ven Dr Dhammapiya and several other dignitaries and foreign delegates graced the programme at Central Donyi Polo Central Gangging Pasighat.
(7) Nagaland CM inaugurated Multi Media Exhibition at World War II museum.
- Nagaland Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio officially inaugurated the Multi Media Exhibition at World War II museum, Kisama in Nagaland. Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is organising a “Multi Media Exhibition” at World War II museum, Kisama in Nagaland. It has been organised to commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The event aims to present Gandhian values and principles both to the people and through the people in contemporary idiom.
- During the event, late Natwar Thakkar was also remembered. Lt. Thakkar, is popularly known as Nagaland’s Gandhi, and has invoked on Gandhiji’s values and principles during his lifetime. He had worked tirelessly for the poor and people affected with disability. He was also awarded the Padma Shri in 1999.
Banking & Finance
(8) GST revenue collection crossed Rs 1 lakh cr during November.
- GST revenue collection witnessed an impressive recovery with a positive growth of six percent in November as compared to the collections of the same month last year.
- The gross GST revenue collected in November is one lakh three thousand 492 crore rupees, after two months of negative growth. Of this, CGST is 19,592 crore rupees, SGST 27,144 crore, IGST 49,028 crore and Cess 7,727 crore rupees.
- The government has settled 25,150 crore rupees to CGST and 17,431 crore rupees to SGST from IGST as a regular settlement.
(9) Indo-Nepal joint military Exercise SURYA KIRAN – XIV.
- Joint military exercise ‘SURYA KIRAN – XIV’ between India and Nepal will be conducted at Salijhandi, Rupendehi district of Nepal from 03 to 16 December 2019. The exercise will comprise of 300 soldiers from both Indian and Nepal Army who would be sharing their experience in conduct of various counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations as also various humanitarian assistance missions by both the Armies.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct a Battalion level combined training between Indian Army and Nepal Army to increase interoperability in jungle warfare and counter terrorist operations in mountainous terrain, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, medical and environmental conservation including aviation aspects.
(10) Indo Sri Lanka joint exercise MITRA SHAKTI commenced on 1st of December 2019.
- The seventh edition of exercise MITRA SHAKTI aimed at enhancing interoperability and operational efficiency amongst the armies of India and Sri Lanka commenced today at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- The objective of the exercise is to build and promote positive relations between armies of India and Sri Lanka through focus on sub unit level training on counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations in urban and rural environment under United Nations mandate
(11) BSF Celebrated its 55th Raising Day.
- BSF Celebrated its 55th Raising Day at a BSF camp in New Delhi on 1st of December 2019. the BSF is primarily tasked with guarding the India and Pakistan borders, apart from rendering a variety of roles in internal security. The force numbering about 2.5 lakh personnel was raised on this day in 1965.
(12) Soma Roy Burman takes charge as new Controller General of Accounts.
- Soma Roy Burman today took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts, CGA. She is the 24th CGA and the seventh woman to hold this coveted position. She took over from J P S Chawla.
- Burman, a 1986-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service officer has held cadre positions at different levels in Central government Ministries during her 33-year long career. Prior to assuming the charge of CGA, Burman served as Additional Controller General of Accounts in the office of the CGA. She handled the critical areas of accounting rules, policy and reforms, financial reporting, data analytics, cash and budget management.
(13) World AIDS Day Observed on 01st December.
- World AIDS Day is being observed to raise public awareness about Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome, AIDS. It is a pandemic disease caused due to the infection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).This year, the theme is “Communities Make the Difference.”
(14) Awards given for short film competition on environment.
- The Ministry of Environment gave away awards for a short film competition on the environment. Several school students and professionals were awarded prizes for their documentaries and films by Ravi Agrawal, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Environment at the ceremony organised by the ministry and Centre for Media Studies (CMS).
- Out of the 345 entries received, 90 films were nominated for screening before the Jury comprising film directors Ramesh Sippy, Rahul Rawail and Manju Borah, who selected the final awardees. The four-day green festival was inaugurated by Member of Parliament Suresh Prabhu, who chaired the Jury.
(15) 3rd Edition of Khelo India Youth Games Logo Launched.
- The third edition of Khelo India Youth Games-2020 Logo was launched in Guwahati by Shri Sarbanada Sonowal, Chief Minister of Assam in presence of Shri Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports. The Mascot, Jersey and Theme song of the event was also launched at Karmabir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium, Sarusajai.
- The Khelo India programme has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country and establish India as a great sporting nation.
- The 3rd edition of Khelo India Youth Games will start from 10th January 2020 and will continue till 22nd January. The event will be held in 20 disciplines with participation of 37 states and Union Territories. Khelo India programme’s inaugural edition was held in New Delhi in 2018, while Pune hosted 2nd edition in 2019.
- 2020 Games will be conducted in partnership with Indian Olympic Association (IOA), School Games Federation of India (SGFI) & Assam as host State. The event will see a participation of over 12000 athletes and officials from all over country.
(16) 13th South Asian Games begins in Kathmandu.
- 13th South Asian Games have formally begun in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari declared games open in a glittering ceremony at Dasaratha Rangshala in Kathmandu this evening.
- Nepali Cricketer Paras Khadka took oath representing players while Nepal’s Badminton Referee Deepak Thapa took oath on behalf of referees and judges of the games.
- During 10 days biggest sporting event of South Asia, 2715 athletes compete for 1119 medals including 319 Gold in 26 game categories. India is represented by 487 athletes. The closing ceremony will be held on 10th December.
(17) Lewis Hamilton Won Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Mercedes racer Lewis Hamilton has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix held in Abu Dhabi, UAE. He has claimed his 84th career victory and 11th in 21 races of this year. Max Verstappen of Red Bull finished 2nd in the race whie Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc finished 3rd in the race.