Dear Aspirants, Notesbag is sharing with you all the important current affairs of 3rd December2019. Our aim to provide you up to date current affairs for the preparation of upcoming competitive exams.
Like Our Facebook Page: –https://www.facebook.com/NotesBag/
Join Telegram Group for SSC CGL 2019: –https://t.me/SSC_Exams_2020
Join Telegram Group for Banking Preparation: – https://t.me/sbi_ibps_2020_exam
(1) Corporate Affairs Ministry Launched Independent Director’s Databank.
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, with the objective of strengthening the institution of Independent Directors under the Companies Act, launched the Independent Director’s Databank in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made there under.
- It can be accessed at www.mca.gov.in or www.independentdirectorsdatabank.in, is a pioneering initiative of the Ministry to provide an easy to access & navigate platform for the registration of existing Independent Directors as well as individuals aspiring to become independent directors.
- The Databank portal which has been developed and will be maintained by the Indian Institute for Corporate Affairs (IICA), is a first of its kind initiative from the Ministry. It provides for a wide array of e-learning courses on various topics including the Companies Act, Securities laws, basic accountancy, board practices, board ethics and board effectiveness.
(2) The National Tiger Conservation Authority mapped out 32 major Tiger corridors in Country.
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority in collaboration with the Wildlife Institute of India has published a document titled “Connecting Tiger Populations for Long-term Conservation”, which has mapped out 32 major corridors across the country, management interventions for which are operationalised through a Tiger Conservation Plan, mandated under section 38V of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
- Further, a 3 pronged strategy to manage human-tiger negative interactions has been advocated as follows: –
- Material and logistical support
- Restricting habitat interventions
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs)
(3) NABI Mohali & Bioendev Sweden set up joint ‘Waste to Bio Coal’ project.
- ‘To convert Agriculture waste to Bio Coal‘ is a project established by the support of the Office of Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, Mohali in partnership with Bioendev, Sweden.
(4) Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 launched.
- Centre launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 0 across the country. The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine preventable diseases.
- The IMI covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B. Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and hemophilus influenzal are also being provided in selected areas. The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States. The IMI 2.0 will be carried out between December 2019 and March 2020.
(5) India and Sweden inked 3 agreements.
- India and Sweden signed three Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) and agreements for cooperation in the fields of polar science and maritime sphere following talks between Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf Folke Hubertus and President Ram Nath Kovind.
(6) Global Migration Film Festival organised in Dhaka.
- The Global Migration Film Festival (GMFF) was organised in Dhaka. The day-long festival screened 15 films on the theme of migration and its various aspects. The GMFF started in 2016 and this year it is being organised across many cities in the world between 28 November to 18 December.
- The festival was organised by the International Organisation of Migrants (IOM) and Dhaka University Film Society with the support of the European Union. IOM is the UN migration agency established in 1951. It works to ensure orderly and humane management of the migration issue.
Banking & Finance
(7) Lok Sabha passed Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill with 4 govt amendments.
- Lok Sabha passed Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill with 4 govt amendments; Bill aims at reducing corporate taxes. The government through the ordinance reduced the corporate tax rate from 30 per cent to 22 per cent, and for new manufacturing companies to 15 per cent.
- The government’s decision to reduce corporate tax rate was aimed at attracting investment and creating jobs. The companies opting for lower tax rates, however, will not be entitled to claim any rebate or deductions.
(8) 8th India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ will start from 7th December 2019.
- The 8th India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ with the theme counter terrorism under United Nations mandate is scheduled to be conduct at Umroi, Meghalaya from 07 to 20 December 2019.
- The Chinese contingent from the Tibet Military command comprising of 130 personal and the Indian Contingent of similar strength will participate in the 14 day long training exercise. The exercise is planned at the company level with respective Battalion Headquarters controlling the training.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter terrorist operations in semi urban terrain.
(9) Tony Joseph won 2019 “Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize”.
- Tony Joseph has won the 12th ‘Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize’. He was awarded for his 2018 book, “Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From“. The award was instituted in 2008 and it carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh along with a trophy. The book tells the tale of the people of South Asia through research in six disciplines, including path-breaking new DNA evidence.
(10) Sub Lieutenant Shivangi becomes first woman pilot of Indian Navy.
- Sub Lieutenant Shivangi has created history to become the first woman pilot of the Navy.
- A native of Muzaffarpur, Bihar, Shivangi was inducted into the Indian Navy under the Short Service Commission Pilot entry scheme. She was commissioned into the Navy in June last year.
(11) Vinesh Phogat, Sakshi Malik clinch gold in Senior Wrestling National championship.
- Star wrestlers Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik registered convincing wins in the finals to claim gold medals at the Senior Wrestling National Championships in Jalandhar, Punjab. While Phogat beat 20-year-old Haryana’s Anju 7-3 in the 55kg category, Olympic bronze medallist Malik defeated Radhika of Haryana 4-2 in the 62kg category.
(12) Veteran actor Shelley Morrison passed away.
- Former Hollywood actress Shelley Morrison passed away recently. She had a long 50-year career and was best known for playing a memorable maid from El Salvador, in the original run of “Will and Grace” from 1999 to 2006, becoming part of a cast that won a Screen Actors Guild award for best ensemble in a comedy series.