Dear Aspirants, Notesbag is sharing with you all the important current affairs of 4th December 2019. Our aim to provide you up to date current affairs for the preparation of upcoming competitive exams.
Like Our Facebook Page: –https://www.facebook.com/NotesBag/
Join Telegram Group for SSC CGL 2019: –https://t.me/SSC_Exams_2020
Join Telegram Group for Banking Preparation: – https://t.me/sbi_ibps_2020_exam
Vice President Launched POSHAN Anthem.
- Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu launched the POSHAN Anthem in New Delhi In the presence of Minister of Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani and many other dignitaries. The Anthem has been written by Prasoon Joshi and composed and sung by Shankar Mahadevan.
- The aim of the POSHAN Anthem is to inspire people to join the movement to fight the scourge of malnutrition.
Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned projects to Promote tourism in North East.
- The Ministry of Tourism is focussing on development and promotion of tourism in the North Eastern Region. For development Ministry under the Swadesh Drashan and PRASHAD Schemes has sanctioned 18 projects covering all the North Eastern States for Rs.1456 crore.
- The projects under the Swadesh Darshan and PRASHAD schemes are identified for development in consultation with the State Governments / Union Territory Administrations and are sanctioned subject to availability of funds, submission of suitable detailed project reports, adherence to scheme guidelines and utilization of funds released earlier. Submission of project proposals by the State Governments and its sanctioning is a continuous process.
Rajya Sabha passed the Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union Territories) Bill, 2019.
- Parliament passed the Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union Territories) Bill, 2019. The bill has been brought to provide for merger of union territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, in view of fruitful utilization of manpower, improve administrative efficiency, reduce administrative expenditure and improve service delivery as well as facilitate better monitoring of schemes. It would also ensure better cadre management of employees.
ECI to implement “Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System” (PPRTMS).
- The Election Commission of India has reviewed the system and process of registration of political parties. The new guidelines will be effective from 1st January,2020. The “Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System” (PPRTMS) will be implemented through an online portal, to facilitate tracking of status of application by applicants.
- The salient feature in the Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System is that the applicant (who is applying for party registration from 1st January, 2020 onwards) will be able to track the progress of his / her application and will get status update through SMS and email. The applicant is required to provide contact mobile number and email address of the party / applicant in his application if he/she wishes to track the progress of the application.
Aamir’s ‘Dangal’ named Blockbuster of the Decade by Yahoo India.
- Aamir Khan’s 2016 film ‘Dangal’, which crossed ₹2,000-crore mark at the global box office, has been named as the Biggest Blockbuster of the Decade by a Yahoo India report. ‘Dangal’ is followed by ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ and ‘PK’. ‘Sanju’, ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ and ‘War’ are among the films that have made it to the top 10 blockbusters of the decade list.
India and Sweden sign Memorandum for India-Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre.
- India and Sweden signed a Memorandum of Understanding for India-Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre in New Delhi. The objective of the innovation Centre is to develop an ecosystem of open innovation to which start-ups and the healthcare delivery stakeholders can use to collaborate and address current and future challenges in the healthcare sector.
India Pavilion inaugurated at COP-25 in Madrid, Spain.
- Secretary, Ministry of Environment Forest &Climate Change (MoEFCC), Shri C.K. Mishra inaugurated the India Pavilion at the 25th session of Conference of Parties under the UN framework convention of Climate Change (UNFCCC COP25), in Madrid, Spain.
- The India Pavilion has been designed to depict theme, in particular Mahatma Gandhi’s life and messages around sustainable living to celebrate “150 Years the Mahatma Gandhi”.
- The Pavilion has a conceptual model of Gandhi Ji’s Ashram, where Mahatma’s philosophy of minimizing wants and living with simplicity is espoused.
State & UT-In-News
INDIA and ADB signed $206 million loan to strengthen urban services in 5 Tamil Nadu cities.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India on 2nd December 2019 signed a $206 million loan to develop water supply and sewerage infrastructure in 5 cities of Tamil Nadu and strengthen capacities of urban local bodies (ULBs) for improved service delivery.
- This is the second project loan for the ADB-supported $500 million multi-tranche financing for Tamil Nadu Urban Flagship Investment Programme, approved in September 2018, that will overall develop climate-resilient water supply, sewerage, and drainage infrastructure in 10 cities of Tamil Nadu. The first project under the Programme with $169 million financing is currently under implementation.
Himachal Pradesh govt to sell Yamuna water, will earn ₹21 crore yearly.
- The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet on Monday approved to sign the memorandum of understanding (MoU) to sell the water of Yamuna from the state’s share at Tajewala corridor.
- The state government would earn ₹21 crore per annum from this decision.
Banking & Finance
Samsung becomes 1st smartphone maker to hit $10 bn revenue in India.
- Samsung India Electronics earned revenues of ₹73,086 crore in the financial year 2018-19, becoming the first smartphone and consumer electronics company in the country to cross $10 billion in revenues. As per regulatory filings, this is an almost 20% jump from ₹61,066 crore in 2017-18. However, the firm’s net profit declined by over 58% to ₹1,540.5 crore during the period.
Mumbai Central station of Indian Railways conferred with “Eat Right Station” certification.
- Earlier this year, Indian Railways launched a movement “Eat Right Station” which was a part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement launched in 2018 by the FSSAI. Under this movement, Mumbai Central Railway Station is the country’s first “Eat Right Station” as certified by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). The Railway station has been conferred with “Eat Right Station” certification with 04 Stars rating by FSSAI on 29th November 2019.
Railways signed an MoU with DFID, United Kingdom.
- As part of its obligations & commitment to reduce carbon footprints, Indian Railways is taking several initiatives in the field of Green Energy to achieve the same. In line with this, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Ministry of Railways, Government of India and Department for International Development (DFID), United Kingdom on 2nd December, 2019 for collaboration on energy and sustainability.
Navy to set up aircraft museum in Kolkata.
- The Navy will set up a Tupolev TU-142 aircraft museum in Kolkata on the lines of the naval musuem in Visakhapatnam. The TU-142 is a Russian and formerly Soviet Union manufactured maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine aircraft.
- Land for the museum has been allocated in New Town and work has already started. Proactive measures are being taken to protect Indian fishermen and bio-metric identity cards are being provided to the fishermen so that careful watch can be kept upon their movement.
Sundar Pichai becomes Alphabet CEO as Google Co-founders step down.
- Google Co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin have announced Google CEO Sundar Pichai is replacing Page as CEO of parent company Alphabet. “Larry Page and Sergey Brin have decided to transition from their roles as CEO and President, respectively, of Alphabet,” a press release by Alphabet stated. Now Alphabet and Google no longer will have two CEOs.
Lionel Messi won Ballon d’Or for sixth time.
- Barcelona forward Lionel Messi won this year’s Ballon d’Or award. The 32-year-old Argentine overtook Cristiano Ronaldo and took his tally of Ballon d’Or wins to six, the most by any player. Messi and Ronaldo have now won 11 of the past 12 Ballon d’Ors. 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup-winning US co-captain Megan Rapinoe won the women’s Ballon d’Or.
Indian men’s volleyball team clinch Gold at 13th South Asian Games.
- In South Asian Games Indian men’s volleyball team has clinched gold defeating Pakistan in title clash at Kathmandu. In a thrilling final India crushed Pakistan by 3-1.
- India lost first set to Pakistan by 20-25. But Indian players bounced back and won second and third set by 25-15 and 25-17.There was neck to neck fight in fourth set till the end. Both teams were moving one by one point. Finally India won by 29-27 and lifted the title.
Indian women’s volleyball team won Gold at 13th South Asian Games.
- Indian women’s volleyball team has won gold medal at 13th South Asian Games defeating host Nepal by 3-2 in the final at Kathmandu.
- Indian girl made good start and won first set by 25-17. But in next two sets amid huge support from the home crowd Nepali team played better. In close contests Nepal won second and third set by 25-23 and 25-21. In next two sets Indian team took early lead and grabbed the title winning fourth and fifth sets by 25-20 and 15-6.