ADB approved 300 million US dollar loan for Rajasthan’s water supply.
- Money Approved: – 300 Mllion US Dollar
- Who Approved: – Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- For Which State: – Rajasthan
- Purpose of this Approval: – To finance inclusive and sustainable water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in 14 secondary towns of the state of Rajasthan.
- Objective of this Project: – Providing better quality and more sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation (WSS) services in the project towns.
- More About this Project: –
1)It is a 10-year operation and maintenance contracts.
2)The project will empower urban local bodies, and strengthen their institutional capacity.
3)Through the project, water supply systems in at least eight project towns are expected to improve by 2027, benefiting more than 5 lakh 70 thousand people. Citywide sanitation systems will benefit about 7 lakh 20 thousand people in at least 14 secondary towns.