Know IBPS PO 2019 Exam?
IBPS PO 2019 stand for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer, the most popular Banking exam in India to become officer in Banking field. The authority which is authorized to conduct the exam is IBPS and Post for which IBPS conducts the exam called PO. Every year Lacs of candidates fill the online application form. The candidates selected after the final interview process get the opportunity to work in their choice of Bank as a Probationary Officer (Bank PO). In this Article we will discuss about IBPS PO 2019 exam Dates, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, job profile, Salary, Promotion & Career growth and ibps po previous year cutoff.
IBPS PO 2019 Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) releases its calendar every year in the month of January and conducts a three-step examination to carry out the recruitment process of Probationary Officers in various Public Sector Banks of India. As mentioned in the IBPS Calendar 2019, IBPS PO Preliminary and Mains Examinations are scheduled to be held in October 2019 and November 2019 respectively. The first two steps involve objective type tests viz. IBPS PO Prelims Exam and IBPS PO Main Exam which are followed by the Personal Interview Round i.e. the final phase of the IBPS PO Examination. Here are the details of IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 for all those who aspire to become a Probationary Officer in a Public Sector Bank this year.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Dates
|Sr. No.||Activity||IBPS PO Exam Dates|
|1||Online Examination – Preliminary||12.10.2019, 13.10.2019, 19.10.2019 & 20.10.2019|
|2||Online Examination – Main||30.11.2019|
IBPS PO 2019 Vacancies Details
IBPS PO 2019 Application Fee
Different categories have to pay different amount of application fee at the end of the application form. The fee of each category are as follows:
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility
Candidates need to fulfill eligibility at 3 levels in order to apply for IBPS PO exam. These are Nationality, Age-based eligibility, and Educational Qualification.
Nationality/Citizenship: A candidates must be either of the following to be eligible for the IBPS PO 2019 exam.
- Citizen of India or
- Subject of Nepal or
- Subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling in India permanently or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zambia) Zaire, and Vietnam came with the intention of settling in India permanently. Also, he/she should have received the certificate of eligibility issued by the government of India.
Age Limit: As per the norms of IBPS PO recruitment
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 20 years and
- Maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 30 years.
- Also, the upper age limit is relaxed for some of the categories which are as follows:
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|EXSM, Persons domiciled in J&K, Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- A candidate must possess a Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. of India or
- Any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- There is no minimum percentage criteria to apply for IBPS PO exam.
- Final year candidates should make sure, your results should be published before September 2019.
- To know more about this, you can go through the detailed eligibility criteria of IBPS PO here.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern
Note: – Below patter in based on IBPS PO 2018, and can be changed by IBPS at any time so don’t take it granted.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Phase – II: IBPS PO Main Examination 2018
Main Examination consists of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 25 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests were conducted online.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
- Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test has separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 25 marks is a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
Important Note – Marks obtained by the candidates in the Main examination will be considered for shortlisting for Interview and preparation of final merit list.
Note: There will be negative marking for every wrong answer in both Preliminary and Main Examination for which there is a penalty of ¼ or 0.25 of the marks assigned to the particular question.
Phase – III: IBPS PO Interview
The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The qualifying marks in the interview are 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview for final merit list will be 80:20 respectively.
IBPS PO 2019 Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Errors
- Vocabulary based questions
- Sentence Improvement
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Paragraph Based Questions ( Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement)
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Conclusion, Argument)
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart)
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns)
- Banking and Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Govt. Schemes and Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
- History and Generation of Computers
- Introduction to Computer Organisation
- type of memories
- Hardware and I/O Devices
- Computer Languages
- Operating System
- Computer Network
- MS Office Suit and Short cut keys
- Basics of DBMS
- Number System and Conversions
- Computer and Network Security
IBPS PO 2019 Job Profile
- After selection as Probationary Officer, candidates are placed in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
- They need to undergo a probation period of 1 year.
- During this probation period, candidates undergo various training in order to learn practical aspects of banking.
- The role of a PO is a multitasking job, it includes customer service, Supervision of Clerical work, loan processing etc.
- To know more about it, go through the detailed post on job profile of IBPS PO.
IBPS PO 2019 Salary
- The basic pay for IBPS PO is R. 23700/-.
- Apart from this, Probationers are also entitled to various perks including Annual increment, Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance etc.
- To know more about the details of IBPS PO emoluments, go through the salary structure of IBPS PO here.
- Below is the Wage revision for bank employees under the 11th bipartite settlement:
|Increment (Percentage) %||Basic Pay||Gross Salary|
Promotion and Career Growth
After the end of the probationary period, candidates are posted as Assistant Managers in the bank branch. Next step of the promotion places them in Middle Management Grade Scale and one can even rise to the level of Chairman and Managing Director. Below is the career growth of IBPS PO:
- Senior Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Executive Director
- Chairman and Managing Director
IBPS PO 2019 Previous Years Cut Off
IBPS PO Section wise Cut Off for Prelims 2018
|Name of the Test||Cutoff Score|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD||General|
IBPS PO Overall Category-wise Cut Off for Prelims 2018
|Name of Category||Cutoff Score (Out of 100)|
|OC (Orthopaedically Challenged)||42.75|
|HI (Hearing Impaired||16.50|
|VI (Visually Impaired)||38.75|
|ID (Intellectual Disability)||17.00|
IBPS PO 2018 Mains section-wise cut off
|Name of the Section||Maximum Marks||Cutoff Marks|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD||General|
|Objective Test||English Language||40||7.50||11.25|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||60||7.50||10.25|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||60||2.25||4.50|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||5.00||8.00|
|Descriptive Test||English Language||25||8.75||10.00|
IBPS PO Overall Category-wise Cut Off for Mains 2018
|Name of the Category||Total Cutoff Score (Out of 225)|
|HI (Hearing Impaired)||42.63|
|OC (Orthopedically Challenged)||53.25|
|VI (Visually Impaired)||66.88|
|ID (Intellectual Disability)||37.00|
IBPS PO 2017 Previous Year Cut Off
Every year IBPS releases the cut off for the students who have appeared in the exam in order to understand the minimum number of attempts a student should make to crack the exam. Take a look at the previous year cut off of IBPS PO to understand the difficulty level of the IBPS PO exam.
IBPS PO Prelims Cut Off Marks 2017
|Overall Cutoff Marks||42.75||42.25||36.00||28.50|
IBPS PO 2017 Final Cut Off for Mains
|S.No.||Name of the Category||Total Cutoff Score (Out of 225)|
|5.||HI (Hearing Impaired)||47.75|
|6.||OC (Orthopedically Challenged)||59.63|
|7.||VI (Visually Impaired)||77.87|
|8.||ID (Intellectual Disability)||55.00|