International Day for Disaster Reduction observed on 13th October.
- Name to the Day: – The United Nations International Day for Disaster Reduction
- Date of Observation: – 13th October
- The theme of the Day: – “Disaster risk governance”
- The objective of observation: – To promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction and also celebrates how people and communities around the world are reducing their exposure to disasters and raising awareness about the importance of reining in the risks that they face.
- First was Observed: – 1989
- History: – It was started after a call by the United Nations General Assembly for a day to promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction.