SSC Stenographer 2018 Notification, Apply Online & Exam Dates
SSC STENOGRAPHER Grade “C” & “D” 2018
SSC Stenographer 2018- Held from 5 March 2019 to 7 March 2019.
SSC Stenographer Notification 2018
The SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ notification dates for 2018.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2018 notification- 22-10-2018 to 19-11-2018
SSC STENOGRAPHER Vacancy 2018
Vacancies of Stenographer Grade “C‟ and Stenographers Grade “D‟ are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, including their Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country.
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||1129||1434|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||214||39|
|Application form||22nd Oct 2018|
|Last date for registration||19th November 2018|
|SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Exam||
5th & 7th Feb 2019
|Skill Test Exam||will be notified later|
SSC STENOGRAPHER Exam Centre
SSC STENOGRAPHER Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit for SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D :
Stenographer Grade ‘C’: [Candidates born on or after 02-01-1989 and born before or on 01-01-2001]
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
Stenographer Grade ‘D’: [Candidates born on or after 02-01-1992 and born before or on 01-01-2001]
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 27 years
Age will be calculated as on 01-01-2019.
|3||PH + Gen||
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
Candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
Note: Only those candidates who have required skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
SSC STENOGRAPHER Exam Pattern 2018
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Skill Test||Pen and Paper mode|
SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Tier-1 Pattern
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|I.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|III.||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- There is negative marking in SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2018 Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.25 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 2 hours 40 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
- The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi.
- Normalization: Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
Skill Test in Stenography for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2018
Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination as may be prescribed by the Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. It may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Written Examination.
The skill test will be of qualifying nature.The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only. The transcription time is as follows:-
|S. No.||Post Name||Language Of Skill Test||Duration|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50 min|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40 min|
Note: Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments.
Candidates have to work as English/Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of Skill Test of candidate during the examination.
Candidates will be required to produce all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification. And Detailed options for various posts and Departments will be taken from candidates either online or at the time of document verification.
Final Selection for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D
Final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Examination and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
- If the candidates do not indicate the medium of stenography test in the Application Form, the Commission will consider English as the medium of stenography test for such candidates.
- There is no exemption from skill test for any category of candidates.
- Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment.
- VH candidates will be required to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes for English Shorthand or in 100 minutes for Hindi Shorthand for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ and in 70 minutes for English Shorthand test and in 95 minutes for Hindi Shorthand test for the post of Stenographer Grade‘C’.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional/Sub Regional Offices or at other Centres as may be decided by the Commission.
- Detailed instructions regarding Skill Test will be sent by the concerned Regional/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission to the candidates called for the Skill Test.
SSC STENOGRAPHER Syllabus 2018
Since the SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ is comprised of 2 different levels, we must deal with SSC Stenographer Syllabus independently.
Syllabus for written examination (Tier 1)
General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline. For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability /cerebral palsy affected candidates and opting for scribe there will be no component of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning / General Awareness Paper.
English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability, would also be tested.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Cut Offs
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2017: 8469
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)